Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two screens are better than one!

Yes, I am finally on par with a lot of EVE players. I can do the tedious stuff while watching a movie. I can research information as I fly, and most importantly I can FC and use a dynamic map system instead of sheets of paper which have a tendency to get damages and/or lost, and if/when I have to use Skype, Team Speak, Ventrilo, I can have it visible and see what's going on instead of having it running in the background. About time!

The only downside I have so far is that the two screens are of different sizes and resolutions: my main is 22" and the second one is 19". So I can't use both for things like flight sims or race sims, it would just look too awkward. But who knows, I may get another 22" screen at some point in the future.

That's about it for now. I don't have much computer time this weekend, parenthood is keeping me too busy. Back on Tuesday night with a vengeance >:)

Fly hard

o7

2 comments:

Latro said...

Wait 'til you get parenthood + going back to school after 19 years, then complain about lack of play time. Lol.

I run a 24" main screen and a 19" side screen. I can either use the main alone for flying w/ 2nd screen for nav/reading or dual-box fairly well, with primary combatant on the big one and support on the little one.

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

If I eveer go back to school it's gonna be in something that I wouldn't mind not counting the hours, like sound engineering or flight school. I'm retiring from the City of Montreal in 11 years so it just may happen :)