Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On the road again...

No, this post has nothing to do with Willie Nelson :) Apparently some old friends of the Bozos are coming back to terrorize Curse so in an effort to maximize the terrorizing, the Clown Punchers are in the process of relocating he HQ, not telling where until everything is done. So that means packing gobs of modules, minerals and ships, and training Contracting III because I keep too much stuff! And now that everything is packed and contracted all I have left is a few interceptors at our destination, and a Cheetah, Rifter and cyno Thrasher as I'll be one of the crazy volunteers to spend a couple hours motionless is space. I have to wait until the contracts get delivered to enjoy my two brand-spankin' new Taranis interceptors. Even with the T1 blasters I'll be fitting at first this thing is a beast. Can't wait to melt an unsuspecting cruiser :))

And out of EVE something great has arrived by e-mail yesterday: after many months of waiting I have finally received my Quake Live Beta access key \o/ So far I haven't had the chance to play it a lot, but I noticed that my Firefox did crash on exiting a Clan Arena map just before I had to leave for work. It's amazing to see how far Quake has come since its early beginnings in 1996. Now, all you need is a web browser, a small plug-in download, and off you go fraggin' in the glory of the Q3A engine. So even though this is an EVE blog, I'll probably give some updates on what's happening in the Quake universe. And yes, I have tested Qlive with the EVE client running and everything held up great so this will become the ultimate "what to do out of EVE when things are slow" activity.

Stay tuned for bigger updates, and fly deadly

o7

No comments: