Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesdays of Fail - 2011/09/28

Institutioned by Winterblink and Urban Mongral of the late Warp Drive Active podcast, carried on by Ga'len the Wandering Druid of Tranquility, it is now my duty to bring to you the one great source of laughter and/or tears of blood from the sheer pain applied to the optic nerves of anyone who gazes at them: The Fail Mail! To me they are one of the big reasons to keep playing even in these present dark times. You never know when you will come across a ship so badly fit that you could probably have killed it with a hard enough pod bump!

Ah yes, the Fail Mails are slowly starting to trickle in. I like this! This week's Fail Mail comes from ex corp and alliance mate Havegun Willtravel of Mobile Alcohol Processing Units. Some time in mid summer as I was taking my break from all things related to Internet Spaceships, Havegun was doing his solo thing in Decon, looking for something tasty to kill or to be killed by. It didn't take him very long and after while he landed on this:


[Cerberus, Zodin Zeldamiere's Cerberus]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Power Diagnostic System I

10MN Afterburner I
Small Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 25
Large Shield Extender I
Invulnerability Field I
Invulnerability Field I

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Torrent Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Torrent Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Torrent Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Torrent Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Torrent Assault Missile
[empty high slot]


http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13817241


Hrmmm.... OKAY! Here we have another case of "it doesn't mean that because you can get in the ship that you absolutely have to fly it". Apparently the character was so young that Havegun, being the good sport that he is, actually told him in Local "Dude, I wouldn't do this if I were you". But Zodin was feeling invincible in his brand spankin' new HAC so he charged Gun's FULLY MAXED OUT Vexor head on. Apparently the battle was very short and after seeing the T1 fit Havegun's prophecy was fulfilled. To all new players out there, THIS is exactly what not to do with your training. Before you field a ship, make sure you can fit it correctly. I mean, if you have to fit a small cap booster to support 2 Invuls and an AB, something is very very wrong with your cap skills. Lesson learned I hope!

Havegun Willtravel, you sir are on the receiving end of some ISK. Because it is the only module that's actually worth something to this ship, you will be receiving 799,999 ISK, this being the value of one of the Ballistic Control System II.


Do you have a funny killmail you would like to share with the community? If so, please evemail the killboard or BattleClinic link to Cozmik R5 in-game, or send it via regular e-mail at r3dfiv3@hotmail.com

Just as WDA and Ga'len have done in the past, the sender of a killmail that has been posted on the blog will receive a small ISK prize, the value of a random module fitted on the ship; dream on if you think I'll pay for Faction, Complex or Officer mods!

Keep your eyes open for Fail, and rid New Eden of these atrocities!

o7

2 comments:

Riley (Ga'len) said...

Oh my...oh my indeed.

Letrange said...

*wince*

To all newbies: Do not be this person.