Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nice price... I'll take two please!

Yesterday was my reconnection back to EVE after almost a full week out of the game. Various reasons include quality time with my Significant Other, NHL play-offs going extremely well for Montreal (until the first game against Philadelphia), battlemech warfare, parental duties, and not moving my computer for the parental weekend. Actually it's a good thing I didn't move the computer because the weather in Montreal was absolutely beautiful, especially on Sunday, and on a nice walk along the Lachine Canal with my boys I twisted my left ankle something nasty. At least we had made most of the nice day before it happened.

But yesterday night after the parental evening (don't try to figure out my schedule... it's complicated at best) I got on TQ to make sure all was cool with the characters - have to check what's up with my buddy Si Gong cuz his character is currently my alt - and do a mission or two. One of AMC's pilots had spotted a pirate gang that was camping in Gusandall but unfortunately we didn't have the numbers even for a Jihad fleet. I do invite the pirates to keep camping; we'll bring the fight soon™ :) So a quick L4 and L3 later, quick because a faction-fit Sleipnir in a mission is awesome, I had my wallet back to over 300 million ISK, so I felt like replacing the Vaga I had sold to one of my ex alliance mates in Providence.

The first thing I do before I start plopping ISK on the market is catch Letrange and ask him how much would it be for him to build me the ship. The market check that followed had me surprised though: 8 units of Vagabond at 110 million each. I don't think I've ever seen the Vaga at such a low price. With Let busy with whatever project he was working on I decided not to add to his work load and I bought the ship off the market and then proceeded to buy the modules and rigs. And each time I was buying an item I was amazed at how low the prices were. When all was said and done my Vagabond had cost me 138.4 million ISK... huh, OK! If I had just 50mil more in my wallet I'd buy a second one right off the bat. Now, I know next to nothing about industry and production, but is it me or have the prices for Tech 2 items dropped a lot? Anyway, at less than 140 million for a fully fit Vagabond I will not be the one complaining about it!

So this week's tentative schedule in EVE: Letrange mentioned something about needing interceptor practice so I'll start working on a curriculum, that way we can maybe make a class out of it. If it's anything like musical instruments, by teaching you get better yourself. I'm also hoping for some The PvP so the tackling practice can be put to good use. With the local pirates being a bit cagey (to use a polite term) and dock up when we show up for a fight, I'll probably head in the direction of one of the close-by Null-Sec regions. And if we have a good amount of pilots maybe something a bit better than a Jihad would be fun; one of the things I miss about BOZO is the Hurricane Gank Fleets. I don't think AMC can field as many 'Canes as BOZO could at the height of its power, but even 3 or 4 would be a pain in the ass to an enemy FC hearing "I'm down!" at every other gun cycle.

Another thing I'd like to do, most likely during the week when there's less pew-pew activities is a bit of exploration. I'm very unlucky at it but I tell myself that eventually the tide will turn and I will find something worthwhile. While it's still considered a carebear activity, at least it's a bit more occupying than just doing missions over and over. Plus, ninja-ratting in W-space when a wormhole is found is never boring, especially if there's a tower in the place :)

And out of EVE? Well, the possibilities are almost endless because Montreal is litterally blooming. We are hit with an extreme case of hockey fanaticism, the weather couldn't be more perfect, this Saturday is the Montreal EVE Meet, and at noon on Friday I'm on vacation for a week :)) From Monday to Thursday I plan on doing Sweet Fuck All online because I'll be with my girlfriend in her hometown of Cap-Chat Qc, one of the most beautiful places in the entire known universe. And the Friday after I get back will be the start of another parental weekend so I have the feeling that this vacation will go by all too quickly. The only thing that will slow me down a bit is that damn ankle. I had planned on doing a lot of walking along seaside cliffs and in Mont Albert National Park so I'll have to go easier on that, but in no way will it keep me from doing it anyway.

TTFN, so fly your hardest

o7

No comments: