Thursday, September 24, 2009

Supercapital Appreciation Weekend

Yes, more Sisi stuff. Sorry if I haven't been really active on TQ this week; it's a Dad Week, I'm nursing a slight cold, the new job is fun but hard so I get to sleep early, and on top of it all a lot of my BOZO mates are having a ball in Mexico for the BOZO Extravaganza. Can't wait to see pics/vids of that!

Tomorrow on Singularity will be a very rare opportunity. We will log in to find all our skills maxed out and for 48 hours we will be able to fly EVERYTHING WE WANT. Not only that, but like last week with the faction ships, we will be able to redeem the Titans and Supercarriers (the new name for motherships) of all races and participate in a massive orgy of destruction. The point of this is to test the new Doomsday weapons, which are no longer area effect weapons à la Über Smartbomb, but instead a Death Star like focused weapon dealing 2 MILLION hit points of damage to its target. The only thing that can tank this is another Titan. The Supercarriers also have some new weapons in the form of fighter-bombers. I'm not really interested in carriers so I haven't really looked into those except when I saw a few out in space firing at an Avatar who was popping every capital ship being thrown at him. Quite funny that!

Having all the skills at 5 will also allow everyone to try every ship we've ever wanted to try, with any weapon, module, rig, implant, name it. In my previous posts I basically showed I'm now in love with the Dramiel (I did get one on TQ; it's sitting waiting for me in Lustrevik) and this weekend I'll be able not only to rig it with T2 rigs, but I'll also fly it with a full set of High Grade Snakes that will cost me a few hundred ISK. I'll also by tons of Nanite Repair Paste because I have a feeling I'll burn through my MWD all the time :))

And there you go. If your activities on Tranquility are pretty quiet this weekend, check out what you need to do to get on Singularity (link pending; work firewall blows chunks) and come join one of the most destructive party ever!

Fly phat

o7

MAJOR EDIT: Well, it seems CCP pulled the plug on this for now... I guess the server crashes of last week, both on TQ and Sisi, didn't help.

Come on Vikings, make this thing happen !!!!!

MOAR EDITZ: October 15 is Supercap Fest. I have my names reserved for my Ragnarok and my Nyx >:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its gonna be a fun weekend!