Thursday, August 2, 2012

I love the 21st century !!! XD

A bit earlier tonight, the Quebec contingent of Drum Corps fans were invading Allentown PA for the DCI East weekend, the last big competition before The Big One. Knowing that my dad was there and knowing he's... kind of technologically retarded, I posted on the Quebec Drum Corps Facebook page the following:

"Avis a tous ceux qui sont a Allentown: comme il refuse toujours de se joindre a Facebook, j'offre une biere au premier ou a la premiere qui donne une bonne bine a Yves "Fonfon" Gauthier de ma part. Bonus si c'est pris en photo et poste ici, et re-bonus s'il en retient un bon bleu !!! XD"

Sorry about all the french, but some bits just can't be translated. But bear with me! About an hour later I get a Facebook notice on my phone so I point my browser towards Zuckerberg's brainchild, and I find this:

Fonfon = PWND !!!!
Needless to say I keeled over laughing out loud and promptly welcomed my dad into the 21st century. Congratulations to my bassline mate Ronald Masse for winning "the beer". And dad, thank you for being the awesome sport you always are :)

Be careful around Quebec Drum Corps Nuts :))

o7

No comments: