Monday, December 13, 2010

Orca tomorrow... or the next day!*

Alright, I caved in. With the annoucement of the elimination of Learning skills (Halleluia!) I had told myself I would keep training normally for my Orca and apply the skill points towards Minmatar Battleship V. But let's face it, in the past 3 months I've used battleships exactly 3 times, and before that I hadn't touched one since I had trained up for my Sleipnir. I've got so much stuff to train before I can justify Battleship V. So tomorrow after Incursion 1.0.1 hits I will be dumping the points into whatever's left of Mining Barge V, and sprinkle the rest here and there. And after that, apart from maybe the Noctis which I will probably train to only II or III, that will be IT for carebear skills. Forever. Good riddance !!! After I get Industrial Command Ship IV I will start buffing up everything Cozmik already has, beginning with Drone skills. All the support skills to V, the specs to IV, and I won't rest until I get T2 sentries. Technically I can fly an Ishtar, but let's make sure I can REALLY fly one :)

Speaking of Incursion, I was reading stuff on Facebook yesterday when a post from EVE Online appeared: a bunch of Sansha zombies had decided to blob Odatrik, next door to the Rens market hub. Cozmik being only 4 jumps away, I logged in to see what the hell this Incursion stuff was all about. And I will sum it up in one short word: meh. Sure there are lots of ships to kill, but when there's 470+ in system they die quick. Too quick even. And I couldn't get into a fleet because it was a huge mess. I did manage to get the kill shot on one of the Sansha Overlords so I came out 1.8m richer, but I don't think this is something I'll get into. And if you think it's gonna be good salvage, think again. With big numbers in system wrecks were disappearing in seconds, even if there were 40 of 'em. Maybe when the incursions happen farther away from a major market hub? Or when they happen in Low-sec where some capsuleer fratricide will happen... these things happen at planets so no sentry guns.

So there you have it. Tomorrow I can go back to training PvP related skills, at least until my Noctis gets delivered; having uber industrialists in the alliance has its advantages! And I gotta find something to kill... oh damn do I need it !!!

Fly hard

o7

*Edit: due to some nasty hardware failure, Incursion 1.0.1 has been delayed by 24 hours. Let's hope all goes well. Need I remind everyone to set long skills?

5 comments:

Davou said...

Hey man; that event you saw near RENS wasn't an incursion; it was a sansha live event. The incursions won't start till January; they're going to have sleeper ai and no bounties. What you saw was role-play event stuff with gm actors :)

I'd recomend the t2 offensive stuff before the orca too; they loose their appeal after a few round trips carrying junk (can't even move a bs properly).

-Theodore Geisel-

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

Hey there Theo!

On Sanshas: ah, didn't make the distinction. We'll see then.

On the Orca: already almost there. Can't wait to get it over with. And no worries, I'va already got T2 offensive stuff; wanna taste some perfect spec skill Hail M? >:) But yeah, it will only get better after the carebear shit is finished. Forever.

And why would I move a BS when I use 'em less times a year as I have fingers on one hand? Believe me, the Orca is perfect for me.

Letrange said...

@Davou it depends how they are used - used as a mobile cruiser/frigate remount base they are fine and quite useful.

Mat Westhorpe said...

Heh, I think I'm going to insta-train for an Orca. Not for traditional reasons - I think I'd sooner count bags of rice than go mining, but the Orca sounds like a good utility ship.

Annoyingly, I've still not managed to be in the right place at the right time for a Sansha event. Still, by this time next year, we'll be sick of em.

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

I rather count grains of sand on a beach than go mining. Unorthodox Orcas ftw !!!