Welcome to the ninth installment of the EVE Blog Banter and its first contest, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed here. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
"Last month Ga'len asked us which game mechanic we would most like to see added to EVE. This month Keith "WebMandrill" Nielson proposes to reverse the question and ask what may be a controversial question: Which game mechanic would you most like to see removed completely from EVE and why? I can see this getting quite heated so lets keep it civil eh?"
Civil? Me? On this subject? Tough luck. My answer is the following: REMOVE PUBLIC CONTRACTS IN ORDER TO REMOVE SCAMMING. I would even go further than that: give a -9.9 security status to any joker caught scamming so he can be podded at will by any noob in New Eden, to the point where he gets sick and finds another game to try his scamming "tricks" on some other idiots dumb enough to fall for them.
Scamming is the lowest form of remuneration to be found both in EVE and in real life. People guilty of it in real life get their own lives destroyed faster than you can spell E-N-R-O-N. I know that some people in EVE consider themselves masters at it, and for those that dare to call themselves "people" I have nothing but the utmost contempt. I would probably yell at their faces and slap them silly in real life, 6'3" or not (hell, probably even more so!).
And to those stupid enough to fall for these low-life parasites? READ BEFORE YOU CLICK OK, OK? How hard can this be. It's bad enough that everybody's block list is getting filled with ISK sellers and scamming larvae, but you "oh I'll buy this Navy Megathron.... oh shit it was a regular one and I just paid 250mil for it" type persons are the ones that fuel the scamming larvae's lust for just a little more ISK, bringing just what EVE needs, MORE SCAMMING ISK-HUNGRY FUCKNUTS. Just quit EVE and go back to buying everything you see on TV when the annoying Sham Wow dude says "CALL NOW!"
So what is my solution to the death of public contracts? Simple: if it's in the game, it can be put on the market. Period. If demand is low, price will be low, etc. That way pricing incongruity will be highly visible. And if you were stupid enough to buy a regular Megathron for 250 million, well, you could always hope that my "pod-on-sight" therapy for scammers is in effect, but if you're that stupid you probably don't know how to file in a petition, let alone sign your own name.
Parting shot to scammers: Catch cancer, die in fires, get plowed over by a cement truck, all this while you get raped by mountain gorillas. Sorry for offending any self-respecting gorilla.
Editorial: want to know why I get so violent? I work at Montreal's Municipal Court and every day we deal with the lowest low-lives you could ever think about. In a game like EVE of course some low-lives will get in and try their shitty little tricks, but why they don't get penalized for it in EVE like they would anywhere else is beyond me. For a company called "Crowd Control Productions", I personnaly think it could do a better job at controlling crowds.
- Diary of a Space Jockey, Blog Banter: BE GONE!
- EVE Newb, (EVE) Remove You
- Miner With Fangs, Blog Banter - It's the Scotch
- The Eden Explorer, Blog Banter: The Map! The Map!
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility, "Beacons, beacons, beacons, beacons, beacons, mushroom, MUSHROOM!!!"
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah, Kill the Rats
- Mercspector @ EVE, Scotty
- EVE's Weekend Warrior, EVE Blog Banter #9
- Miner with Fangs, Blog Banter - It's the Scotch
- A Merry Life and a Short One, Eve Blog Banter #9: Why Won't You Die?
- Into the unknown with gun and camera, Blog Banter – The Hokey Cokey
- The Flightless Geek, EVE Blog Banter #9: Remove a Game Mechanic
- Sweet Little Bad Girl, Blog Banter 9: Who is Nibbling at My House?
- One Man and His Spaceship, Blog Banter 9: What could you do without?
- Life in Low Sec, EVE Blog Banter #9: Stop Tarnishing My Halo
- Cle Demaari: Citizen, Blog Banter #9: Training for all my men!
- A Mule in EVE, He who giveth, also taketh away?
- Dense Veldspar, Blog Banter 9
- Morphisat’s Blog, Blog Banter #9 – Randomness Be Gone !
- Facepalm's Blog, EVE Blog Banter #9: What a new pilot could do without
- Memoires of New Eden, You're Fired
- Kyle Langdon's Journeys in EVE, EVE Blog Banter #9 Titans? What's a Titan?
- Achernar, The gates! The gates are down!
- Speed Fairy, EVE Blog Banter #9: Down with Downtime!
- I am Keith Neilson, EVE Blog Banter #9-F**K Da Police
- Ripe Lacunae, The UI… Where do I begin… (Eve Blog Banter #9)
- Clown Punchers, EvE Blogs: What game mechanic would you get rid of?
- More articles as they are posted!