Thursday, May 28, 2009

Late update, but worth it :)

Yes, I'm a bit late in updating the blog and it's because once again I'm in the process of moving, and computer time is at a prime even though I'm on "vacation". I did get a chance to get on EVE though, and Tuesday was especially succesful.

Last Monday a Golem pilot made it into one of AMC's wormhole systems, and managed to pop one of our guys who was mining a tad too casually. Getting a miner popped is one thing but using what this guy calls diplomacy was not the greatest idea ever. The next day Mr Golem was still in the system, this time with two BC buddies and the trio was happily clearing out the various Sleeper sites. One of our pilots got in a convo with him and apparently he wanted to make some kind of a deal where he and his buddies would leave our miners alone if we gave them the combat sites... this alone causes some problems:

- AMC currently has ONE diplomat and his name is Letrange (this name may ring a bell) and even when Mr Golem was told about him he never contacted him.

- AMC has more than enough combat pilots to chew Sleeper sites to bits.

- And as I may have mentioned before, AMC has some carebears who can take a small break from their mining/industrial thing to do a bit of The PvP to get rid of unwanted visitors.

So even though the Alliance was very quiet and very spread out we managed to prepare a big surprise for Mr Golem and his buddies. I got to the wormhole system in my Broadsword but with what we had in there that didn't scare them much; but with a good battleship squadron waiting on the K-space side things were about to heat up. The culmination of our plan was the arrival of our Falcon pilot who is adept at finding ships anywhere in space and landing the fleet perfectly in our signature "Poetry in Tackle" maneuver. One of our battleships must have gotten scouted out when he got close to the wormhole a bit too early because this sent the trio from their combat site to safespots where they decided to take a break... BAD MISTAKE !!! The Golem got scanned out by both our Cov Ops and Falcon. When everybody was in position and ready, our Falcon pilot executed the PiT maneuver and warped only my Broadsword on top of the Golem. Bubble goes up as I get there and start shooting, but the pilot is clearly AFK as he stays there immobile and not shooting back, even after I bump him. The rest of the gang arrive on the scene, the Golem gets jammed, and the rest, as they say, is history >:)

To add insult to injury, apparently his clone was fully implanted; he told our pilot who was still in a convo with him that he had a full set of High Grade Crystal implants, so his little venture into our space was quite expensive for him. Just so you know, I was the one to make pod omelet because pods caught in a bubble are pretty easy pickings. So now my Broadsword is officially blooded :))

Short Banter paragraph

I don't have time to do the full Banter thing but I'll take a few minutes to give a response to Ga'len's Banter #8 question: "What new game mechanic or mechanics would you like to see created and brought into the EVE Online universe and how would this be incorporated into the current game universe? Be specific and give details, this is not meant to be a 'nerf this, boost my game play' post like we see on the EVE forums."

The thing I miss the most especially in a 3D envrionment is pretty simple for a pilot like me: Dogfighting. I know there's probably no way this will make it into EVE but since Day One I've dreamt of flying ships in New Eden using my Saitek X52 flight control system. I know there are some MMOs on the way that will try to do this but even if they get it right their universe will not be as vast and deep as EVE currently is. Oh well, I can always dream, can't I? :)

And that's it for me. Fly dangerous and never underestimate carebear alliances !!!

o7

Edit: my New Eden Meme will be posted when I get home; I'm currently babysitting my boys cuz one of 'em has a fever.

No comments: