Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday's Electric Lunch Hour - 2010/10/29

Halloween Special suggestions:



Type O Negative - Black Sabbath
Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween
Black Sabbath w/Dio - Heaven and Hell
Slayer - anything! (Angel of Death actually)
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Fantomas - Rosemary's Baby
Fantomas - The Omen
Alice Cooper - Welcome to my Nightmare
The Big 4 of Thrash Metal - Am I Evil?
Corrosion of Conformity - Dance of the Dead

!!!! EXTREME SHIT ALERT !!!!

Gorgoroth - Carving a Giant (recreation of their Krakow 2004 performance)

This being Halloween weekend of course I had to post somethings with monsters, demons and all-around evilness. And for once I include my tunage brainstorm that I usually edit out of my text once I've made up my mind. Being a fan of rock and metal there is plenty of Halloweenish stuff to go around, from all eras of music, from "Monster Mash" all the way up to the blackest Norwegian Black Metal. Ultimately though the choice wasn't too hard for my first Halloween Friday Lunch Hour. There may be some debate as to which band is the first to be tagged "heavy metal", but out of those first metal bands there is no debate as to which one had the darkest lyrics and soundscapes. Black Sabbath, by Black Sabbath, from the Black Sabbath album. If you want an example of what makes a piece of music sound dark and menacing, the tritone chord progression, this tune is probably the best example. Yes, the version by Type O Negative is probably darker, but the original is the original. I invite you to check out the other tunes of course, but do heed the warning about Gorgoroth; if you are in any way sensitive to blood, satanic rituals, fake crucifixions, or go to church every sunday, this band is not for you. If you want to see a metal band serious about what they sing(!) about, and to what extremes they go to get their point across, then put on your selt belt and hang on for the ride!

On the EVE front: Last weekend having turned out to be a complete bust I took it very quiet this week, so apart from a few missions and the pirate podding I described in the last post, nothing much as happened. One thing that IS happening is that I'm well on the way to replacing the Loki I lost a while ago. This one won't be flying as dangerously so I should be able to hang onto it a little longer... at least more than 2 weeks :) This means that I will have 2 Sleipnirs to play with. One will probably stay fit for 'plexing and W-space operations, but I will turn the other one into a PvP machine... anyone has a good fit? And that's pretty much it.

Fly scary

o7

No comments: